2.02.2010

reading, ranting, reclaiming...

another busy day in the office (aka my bed).  I discovered that the Genius tool bar on my itunes makes playlists for you. This is what has occupied me for most of my day. and yes, I realize that I am the last to discover this.

For the first time in my life, I stopped reading a book halfway through it.  I haven't read an entire book in a long time because of this one particular book slowing me down.  I just couldn't get through it and thus, no other books could make their way in.  Finally, I was told last night that I just need to put it down, forget about it, pick up another one, and continue.  so I did... and it felt really good.  I started reading a new one last night and it was finished by noon today.  Now this might seem like quite a feat but it was a James Patterson novel, which means it consists of one page chapters, large font, and a fairly intriguing plot.  Although it had a pretty disappointing ending, I was glad to reclaim my love of reading and finish a book.  Now most of you are probably wondering what book I couldn't finish.  Sadly enough, it was the Julie and Julia book.  The book about the blog that inspired The Natalie Project.  Essentially it was a collection of her blog posts over an entire year.  This also brought on another sad thought... If I thought Julie's blog was boring and plotless, then my blog must be REALLY boring.  I don't see any book/ movie deals coming my way anytime soon! sad.

Yeah and for those of you who read my comments and thought that the anonymous comment from a couple days ago was actually from a random reader... it wasn't. it was my brother.

Now I would like to rant for a bit about the University of Arkansas.  So as I've mentioned before, there was hope for a snow day on Monday.  All of the public schools in Northwest Arkansas were closed, so there was a good chance the University was too.  So anyway, 5:30 am on Monday rolls around... I check my phone.  There was an email/ text message/ voicemail from the university saying there was a 2 HOUR DELAY.  So what did I do? I set my alarm for two hours later, thinking my 9:30 was moved to 11:30.  Doesn't make much sense for the university to do that, but whatever.  It made sense at 5:30 in the morning. So I get up later, check my email again, and see an email from the biochem teacher saying that the 9:30 class will be held at normal time and same location.  Good thing it was 9:33 when I looked at the clock. Apparently, class schedules stayed the same but office staff were given a two hour delay to show up to work.  really U of A? really? Could you maybe put a more deceiving headline on your notifications next time? thanks.

I unfortunately have to leave my bed in a bit to go prepare for the big brothers big sisters meeting tonight... I'm predicting a whopping two people will show up.  High hopes I know, but if anyone is in Fayetteville, AR and would like to lend a listening ear, I'll be in room 312 in the union.  should be a good time.

update: I apologize to all for turning my blog into just about the girliest thing you have ever seen.  I worked hard on it this afternoon and decided this was much more fitting of my personality than the previous one.  For those of you who know me well, you will probably agree. I'm still working on the header though... it's not wanting to cooperate.  And I've decided I need a new title.  open for suggestions :)

2 comments:

  1. a) love the layout of the blog. before i even read the last paragraph i totally thought it was perfect for you
    b) please read some of the books i left for you
    c) i cannot read the mr. cho's book. cannot. not a fan.
    d) two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) I love it too :)
    b) I'm reading the books! I've read scarlet pimpernel, attempted julie/ julia, and now reading me talk pretty one day (on the third page and it's the FUNNIEST book I've ever read)
    c) who is mr. cho
    d) CANNOT WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete