2.05.2010

might I make a suggestion...

I have a suggestion for my readers... if you want to be in a very deep depression for a good solid day, go watch the movie Precious.  I saw it last night with Tad and am just NOW getting out of the funk that it put me in.  I didn't sleep well, have serious bags under my eyes today, and have teared up every time I thought about the movie.  It is definitely not for the faint of heart, and it definitely pulled on some purkinje fibers.  The one good thing that came out of that movie is that it makes you so grateful for the life you have, and you truly realize how lucky you are.  I'm going to try not to complain as much about the little things.  people have it so much worse.

Another suggestion for my readers... Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris= funniest book I have ever read.  So far, two people that have seen me reading it in the gym have come up to me to ask how I'm liking it.  It definitely has gathered attention and according to my random gym friends, I should be in for a very hilarious and very vulgar read.  I'm on page 30 and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.  I'll keep you posted.


Best friend Jane is coming into town this weekend... can't wait.  Superbowl party on Sunday and we'll be making some very yummy food.  wings, spinach dip, pigs in a blanket, bacon wrapped bbq shrimp, queso, cupcakes, brownies, oh my!

Tad's camera doesn't have a charger, so pictures are going to be scarce until we can find one.  My "take more pictures" new year's resolution might not start till march...

So my laziness this week is most definitely going to catch up with me next week... expressing/purifying two proteins, discrete test, and biochemistry homework due friday. gotta love it. All three of these activities should take up about 10 hours each day.  unfortunately, I am only allotted 24.  should be interesting. good thing I made a dent in my bed this week... definitely failed in productivity:)

I'm going to leave on one final note... can I PLEASE have this llama as a pet.

2 comments:

  1. wait...i commented yesterday...gosh. ok well I said...how about you send me that book when you get done and then I will send you Half-Broke Horses. k. love you.

    ReplyDelete