2.08.2010

if p then q.

p → q.

This is what I have learned from Discrete mathematics thus far.

 p → q reads: if p then q.

p= premise, q= conclusion.

Now let's take an example.

p= not studying for test.  q= fail test.

put it all together? p → q = If I don't study, then I fail.

yup, this is what I have learned.  and what am I doing? updating my blog? not studying? so according to the logical argument, what happens? oh right, I fail.

oh Discrete mathematics, how I hate you.

Okay so as you may have guessed from my math lecture, I'm not studying for my test and probably should be.  Now, I have had some pretty solid, good intentions all night.  I picked up my book, looked at the notes, got really bored within the first 5 minutes, and then found something else to do.  I've realized that when there is something that I really need to get done and don't want to do it, I become the most productive person in every other aspect of my life.  I figured out medical school loan applications, filled out an online quiz for another class, didn't study, worked on my planner, cleaned the kitchen, didn't study,  picked up the apartment, looked out the window, stared in the mirror, and didn't study.

yeah. I'll let you guys know how it goes on Wednesday...

This weekend with Jane= best weekend ever.  I was most definitely not ready for it to end. The food yesterday turned out great, but I think we all had a little TOO much of it.  I wish I could post pictures of it all because it looked amazing (not to toot jane and I's horns or anything).

Okay so I seriously have to study right now.  This procrastination is getting to be a bit too much.  I'll post more later.  But on one final note...

4 comments:

  1. you are definitely not getting any movie deals by starting your posts with math equations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha erin!
    nat i love it, especially since you used ps and qs... remember learning why we mind them? =)

    miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. erin, do you think the llama pictures will help speed up the movie deal? I sure do... I know that everyone that sees them on my blog gets a chuckle. I'm going to make it my theme.

    jane, I actually sorta forgot why we mind them? ha. how far into peach passion were we at this point? probably not very far but I can't remember :) and miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, explanation a) bar keeps used to have to mind people's pints and quarts of beer/alcohol
    b) back when the printing press was still used, lowercase ps and qs looked very similar because everything was backwards, so the young workers were told to mind their ps and qs so that they turned out correctly

    both were given by tad courtesy of the iphone... =)

    ReplyDelete