1.25.2010

The ten year wait...

So the ten year wait is over... I was finally accepted to medical school today.  Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine officially asked me to join their class of 2014.  It's very surreal, and it still hasn't quite sunk in yet.  I've never worked so hard for anything before and have also never been so happy.  Literally cried because I was so happy today (definitely a first for me). Surprisingly enough, I am drinking champagne to celebrate.  For those of you who spent the weekend with me... you understand where the surprise is. One can only take so much peach passion.



Oh and I'm going to try to add more pictures to my blog... New year's resolution failed this weekend though.  pictures taken to date: 0.  Can't do all of your new year's resolutions in January! right?

For those of you who are EXTREMELY interested, my research finally took a turn for the better today.  I got the results I wanted (or expected that is) and am looking forward to moving on to the next steps (after 6 months of trying to figure out this speed bump, this is a breath of fresh air).

One more med school interview and then I'm dunzo.  Actually looking forward to heading to Tulsa tomorrow, staying at the doubletree (I LOVE doubletrees), and seeing OSU.  I think I'll actually be able to relax in this interview... who would have thought!

So all in all, a very good day.  acceptance to medical school? check. desirable research results? check.  champagne? oh yeah....

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooooooooo happy for you!!! I am going to tell all my students today! (and they will probably respond the same way they always do when I tell them something cool you've done....if your sister is doing such great things, why didn't you do something more with your life?) Love it! Well have a fab day and hopefully the champagne treated you better than over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete