1.31.2011

Carrot Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

With the enormous mountain of snow headed towards Kansas City right now, I couldn't be happier that one of the few things in my fridge is this cake.  It stares at me every time I open the refrigerator.  I want it for breakfast. I want it for lunch. I want it for dinner. And I want it for every snack in between.  Hey, its got carrots, walnuts, and raisins in it! How bad could it be??

eh? hello? 

Okay, so this isn't exactly your New Year's resolution cake... it's pretty far from it actually.  But it's incredible, and I can whole-heartedly say that you would be missing out on a wonderful piece of life if you didn't try this cake.  (I'm not one for dramatic statements... obviously).

If you are in the KC area and would like to get trapped in an apartment with a girl, her dog, and a carrot cake, my door is open.  Probably not for long though... I think I can hear the snow coming and the path of destruction trailing it. 


(My cousin, Kristin, took this photo! Fabulous!)

You can find the recipe here! SmittenKitchen made cupcakes instead of the two-layered cake... an absolutely fantastic idea.  I opted for the two-layered cake as they are just too fun to make. Do try the cupcake idea though and let me know how it goes!

If you don't hear from me in a week, please come shovel me out of my apartment. 

And bring carrot cake!

3 comments:

  1. YUM. My mouth is watering at my desk right now..
    Love your new header!!! Tres cute :)
    Hope you had a great V-Day yesterday!
    xxoo
    .Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I was meaning to ask - did you get a nice new camera upgrade?? Your images are to dieeee for and I've been lusting after a Canon SLR for months. Dish the details if you have any ;) You've got my email and I'd love to hear from you!!
    .Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did! and I LOVE it. emailing you right now!

    ReplyDelete