1.25.2011

Banana Cake with Chocolate Ganache

I'm going to let you all in on a little secret.

Not everyone knows this secret.

I only share this secret with the people I love.

It goes like this...

chocolate + banana = little piece of heaven on a plate.

Did you all know this?

A genius somewhere thought of this combination and I hope they are reaping all benefits of life right now.  I think chocolate + banana might just be the secret to life.  Could I be anymore dramatic? Can we please talk about the deliciousness that is about to ensue?



You're going to need some dark, sinister-looking bananas.

Bananas that only fruit flies (and my mother) will touch.



You're going to want to mash up those nanners and make the bread...


This recipe was actually just for a banana bread that was fancied up and baked in a bundt pan.  Seeing as how I can't leave well enough alone, I added the chocolate ganache to it.  I'm glad I did too, as this recipe turned out more like a cake rather than a bread.  So, banana cake with chocolate ganache it was.



Like I said earlier, I think I found the meaning of life with this cake.  If you would like some, you're probably just going to have to make your own.  My cake seems to be missing...

gulp.


You can find the banana bread recipe here!

Here is the recipe for the Chocolate Ganache:
(The easiest, most delightful thing on this planet. I'm sure of it.)

8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Finely chop the chocolate and pour it into a bowl
Heat the cream till boiling
Pour the heated cream over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted.
Pour the ganache over whatever you please... Just be sure to lick all remnants of the ganache off of your fingers before proceeding.  It's the right thing to do.

10 comments:

  1. This is too funny, I actually baked banana bread in a bundt pan a week ago! However I did not top it off with chocolate sauce, which looks fantastic! Wish y'all were back in Fay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Natalie! I'm really impressed with what you've done here with the classic chocolate and fruit combo. Very well done, and an A+ on the appearance! This is all looks great, but let's see if it can compete with one of my recipes. ; ] Drop me an email sometime if you to throw down!

    thebobbyflay@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Looks so delicious :) I have been looking for an excuse to buy a new bunt pan, and now I have one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently made a banana cake in a bunt pan, but without the luscious chocolate glaze. This is for the next time I make a banana cake, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just looks totally divine - your pictures have made me so hungry! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures and the step-by step instruction.

    Charlie

    12 year old foodie

    www.charliebakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks Delicious ! love the chocolate on top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So mouth-watering! Definitely heavenly!

    ReplyDelete