1.21.2011

Creamy Garlic Tomato Soup

Remember when I had that quasi- snow day about a week ago? Well, I made this soup that day.  And it was fantastic. The end.

Okay it's not really the end, but there really isn't much to say about this soup. It is absolutely terrific and must be made immediately.  It's one of those feel-good soups that should be accompanied with a blanket, a fire, and snow outside. And maybe followed up with some hot cocoa.  Because that's what I did.  And it was fantastic. The end.





Recipe adapted from here!

4 cans tomato sauce (8 oz cans)
1 whole small white onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup milk
4 oz cream cheese cut into cubes
1 tsp dried basil*
Salt and Pepper to taste*

*I added these seasonings to give the recipe a little more complexity but the original recipe did not include them.  Add them to your own taste level!

In a large pot over medium heat, combine the sauce and onion.  Let simmer for a couple of minutes and then add the garlic.  Let simmer for 10 minutes. Add the milk and cream cheese, stirring well.  Mix with a whisk to break up and melt the cheese.  Cook for 5 minutes.  Keep soup over low heat until you're ready to eat!



2 comments:

  1. OMG - YUM! This looks so so delicious and easy too! Glad to see that someone else likes to buy Wal-Mart brand like me :) I'm definitely going to try to make this recipe over the weekend so I can enjoy while I stay inside all weekend and avoid the cold! Hope you've had a good Friday!
    xxoo
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! Please make it and let me know how it goes!! It is DELICIOUS and super duper easy. love it. And wal-mart brand rocks.

    ReplyDelete