1.09.2011

Pig Cake


When I told my friends and family that I would be making a Pig Cake in honor of the Razorbacks (for the aforementioned event), I, apparently, was deceiving them.  They were expecting a nicely baked cake in the shape of a pig.  While I would love to have the ability to make said cake, my current skills are only sufficient to make this kind of pig cake.  A lovely cake that has nothing to do with pigs. 


It has canned fruit in it.  Canned fruit reminds me of snack time and cafeteria food in elementary school. 

Moving on...

This cake is actually pretty fantastic.  I'm more of a chocolate girl myself, but I didn't mind this fruity cake one bit.  It's also very very simple.  Notice my attraction towards simplicity on this blog? I rarely enjoy a tough recipe, as most of them end in frustration and a trashcan full of food.

The batter is really just about mixing a box of cake mix and a can of mandarine oranges (as well as some eggs and a dash of oil here and there). Doesn't get much simpler than that.

I made this cake a day in advance and prepared the icing right before the party arrived.  While we watched the game and devoured the food, the icing was busy setting in the fridge.





Once the icing has hardened a bit (to about the consistency of whipped cream), slice it up and top it with a mandarine orange! Delicious! You can find the recipe here!

I bet if certain football players had eaten this before a certain game, we wouldn't still be in mourning.



p.s.... you might have noticed some changes around here.  Don't worry... it's a minor flaw of mine.  I just can't leave things well enough alone.  Don't be surprised if it changes again in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment