2.14.2011

Taco Soup


It's been a whole two weeks since I've blogged... oh how I've missed it so. Med school finals week likes to strip you of everything fun and good.  But, I'm back. Ready to tell you about an oh-so-fabulous recipe.  My dear friend, Megan, from school shared this with me, and it has definitely gotten me through quite a few nights of studying.  It can feed a family of 10, I'm sure, and it is super tasty and easy.

There is also a lot of room for variation in this recipe... I didn't have any hamburger meat the last time I made this so I used pork sausage instead.  Super tasty!

You'll need a slow cooker for this recipe. My slow cooker is my new best friend.  It's amazing and makes my apartment smell divine.  If you have any fabulous slow cooker recipes, please send them my way.  I'm looking for more!


This recipe is great for any night of the week or any time of the day.... trust me.  It's incredible and I do hope you make it soon!

p.s... thanks, Megan, for sharing such a great recipe!

Taco Soup

1 lb hamburger, browned
1 onion, diced
1 can kidney beans, with juice
1 can black beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, with juice
1 can Mexican Tomatoes (Rotel works)
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 package dry taco mix
1 package dry ranch dressing mix

Add the meat and onions to a large saucepan over medium heat.  Brown the hamburger and onions together.  Add the hamburger and onions and the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker.  Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low all day.  You can serve the soup with sour cream, cheese, green onions, or tortilla chips!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I'm right there with you - it's been forever since I've blogged last.

    ReplyDelete