5.13.2010

no rhubarb... blame the rain.

Well kids, no rhubarb.  Actually, no farmer's market.   Thunderstorms kept me (and I'm assuming most of the farmers as well) in bed. Have no fear! Another attempt will be made on Saturday! In about 2 weeks I'll be in Kansas City for good and its farmer's market is to die for... Aside from finding any sort of fruit (seriously... fresh cherries, oranges, bananas, etc) or vegetable your heart desires, there are also all kinds of specialty shops like indian food stores and seed/spice stores  (and nothing compares to the baked goods the amish farmers bring). Please come visit us so I can take you there :)



I did visit some antique stores today (mom, you would be so proud).  If you are ever in Fayetteville and love to antique, may I suggest the Fayetteville Trading Post. I didn't find anything, but they had some pretty interesting things.

What's in store for tomorrow, you ask? Going to see a movie... not sure when or what, but I'm thinking a movie by myself is just what the doctor ordered.  Probably a horribly sappy, oh-so-wonderful chick flick like Letters to Juliet or something.




For a graduation present, my lovely sister gave me a tart pan.  I'm looking for a great tart recipe to use it.  any ideas?






1 comment:

  1. There is a really good or at least it looks good recipe on weight watchers right now called berry crumble which I think you could easily turn into a tart by adding/buying/making some sort of crust underneath it...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete