5.27.2010

The Leawood, KS Zoo.

I love animals.  This is no surprise to anyone who knows me.

However, I am a bit discriminatory when it comes to the animals I show my affection for.

So, of course, I think the best animals in the world are in the White House.  The White House located in Leawood, KS, that is.

Meet Kate. She is a bit intimidating but couldn't harm a flee.  Well, unless you are trying to take food away from her.  The girl enjoys her food. Which is also why she is pushing 100 lbs. no biggie.

(this is the only pic I have on my new computer of just kate)

Now, meet Millie.  The newest member to the White House zoo.  She is a bit prissy and has quite the attitude most of the time.  She is also the most cuddly and sweet looking dog I have ever known (aside from Kate of course... my loyalties are always and forever to Kate).   



Millie can be a bit of a rascal sometimes...

Notice the upside down suitcase on the floor... millie thought she needed more space on the bed.

She decided to play in some mud outside... her punishment? A bath in the kitchen sink by mom.  

Ugh she always makes me melt.



And now, what should be considered our 3rd dog... Snickers.  The bunny. Not much to say about snickers except that he's huge and likes to hang out on our deck outside.  He's also really soft and sheds like it's his job.  Don't wear black around him.


He's about half the size of Kate... Kate has the weight of a small human.  We feed our animals well.

We also have a fish... Sammy. He's a hand-me-down from me.  He doesn't do much but swim around and make his water dirty.  I guess I'm just not a big fan of fish. He has a funny looking nose though (do fish have noses?).  I don't have a picture of him, but if you go to petsmart, look for a male beta fish and you'll get a pretty good idea of what sammy looks like. Not much to him.

We also have mutant spiders/crickets in our basement: Spickets. (don't click on the link if you're queasy)  They are the spawn of satan.  I don't know if you guys know this, but spiders are my worst fear.  So... take the creepiness/ horrible-ness of spiders and add a two-foot jumping ability and you get Spickets.  (Apparently they are also called Cannibalistic Cave Crickets because they eat their own legs when they fall off... which happens often) Call them what you will... I think they should all die. 

I'm sorry... this is the most ridiculous post I've ever written.  You know when people show you pictures of their kids and you're like "uhhh... that's great. adorable. wow. what a cute kid" but really you're thinking "that kid looks just like every other kid I know... why are they showing me these pictures. I couldn't care less".  That's probably what's happening right now in this post.  sorry.

on a side note... look at this frog that tried to have dinner with us one night! 




Animals like this frog are fun to look at, but if it were to jump on me, I would forever hate frogs.  

Note to all non-human and non-dog animals: Stay away from me and I'll like you.  Come too close, and you might was well be dead to me.

I'm talking to you, birds...





2 comments:

  1. so when are you going to come visit?!?! This weekend would be good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh yeah not so much... moving this weekend!

    ReplyDelete