3.24.2010

The post that was to be...

So I meant to write this yesterday during the lovely spring morning, drinking my coffee in bed, and listening to the birds sing... very disney-esque.  However,  as most of you know, that obviously didn't happen.  So here it is, the post that was supposed to be written yesterday. Fortunately, today is a lovely spring morning, I'm in bed drinking coffee, and NOT listening to birds sing (apparently those nasty, stupid, foul creatures are capable of learning lessons!)

Well it's spring break, and while I'm not sitting on a beach drinking a corona somewhere, I am having a great little hiatus from school.  For those of you that are terribly interested, I AM working on my thesis and it's going well.  I have full confidence in myself to whip something up in the next seven days that will hopefully do justice to my 2 year research project.  We shall see...

This will be a quick one, but I couldn't resist doing another food post. I'm going to rave again about smittenkitchen... I had four bananas that were pretty far gone (like to the point where fruit flies were about to convene over the very ripe fruit).  If you're like me, you don't want to eat them or throw them away. so what do you do? you find a fabulous banana bread recipe.  and guess what? type in banana to smittenkitchen.com and you get that oh so fabulous banana bread recipe.  She even added a shot of bourbon to hers (I did not, as I did not have any bourbon).   So here it is... http://smittenkitchen.com/2006/11/speckled-for-the-freckled/








It's delicious, fun, and easy to make... Don't even need an electric mixer.  I loved cooking with a wooden spoon and just 1 bowl.  I felt like I was a 1950's housewife or something... it was so fun.  I even put on my pretty apron that matches the oven mitt in the picture.  yeah I know. I'm ridiculous.

moving on... This next thing had to be the most difficult thing I've ever made.  Watch out people, this is not for the novice cook:

Green Beer
1 light beer
3-4 drops green food coloring

Begin by selecting your favorite light beer. Lightly tilt your favorite clear glass and poor the beer down the side.  This minimizes the foam head and delivers a nice, crisp first sip.  Then, add the 3-4 drops of food coloring to the beer.  Take your favorite spoon, and mix it.  Only to be enjoyed on St. Patrick's day.

I enjoyed my green beer over some biochemistry notes.  Not what is recommended to really complement the green beer, but still enjoyable.


I'll leave on a cute picture (or two)

Tad's birthday dinner in KC

How do you think he sees?

2 comments:

  1. loved the green beer glasses. how in the world do you get such awesome bar glasses in your very own home??? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha...bring home some of that banana bread this weekend!

    ReplyDelete