3.14.2010

everything's coming up... lavender.

Hi everyone,

remember me? remember how I used to blog on this thing? yeah... sorry it's been a while.  I'm back though and ready for action.

To start off,  I would like to do a couple reviews from the weekend... No this will not turn into a theme like my fellow blogger, sauce boss, has. I would like to have themes, such as the restroom reviews or pick six,  but unfortunately my readers must endure my lack of creativity and just read the random thoughts that pop into my head.  here it goes..

Saturday night we tried a new sushi restaurant, Bluefin. It's located on Dickson street by Jimmy Johns.  The inside decor was okay, nothing to write home about.  The food was superb: we tried the Red Dragon roll with shrimp, avocado, and cream cheese, topped with scallions, chili rub, and tuna.  I've never had such a delicious sushi roll...scallions on sushi? YES. delicious.  We had another couple of amazing rolls, but they weren't terribly unique, so I won't bore you with their descriptions. Anyway, the bill finally arrives and I must say, the review turned sour at this point.  The price was equivalent to a steak meal at Shogun's.  Given the inside decor, if I'm going to pay that much for a meal, I would like to see the price in my surroundings. Maybe that's not the appropriate way to judge a restaurant and it's prices, but why pay for an expensive meal at what looks to be a non-expensive place?  That's just deceiving.  Overall: great food, but not worth the price. You can get great sushi elsewhere that may be just as expensive, but won't have the decor comparable to qdoba.  Next time I want to spend that much, I'll be making my way to Shogun's.

On Sunday, we went to Alice in Wonderland in 3-D. I'll leave the review at this: If anyone wants to go see that movie, I will go see it again with each and every one of you.  all at separate times.  I love Tim Burton. and 3-D movies.  and Disney.  Hello, I'm 6.


Okay so I'm going to stick to those two reviews for now.  Take my advice, or leave it.  For some reason, my opinions in these matters always seem to be the opposite of the majority, but I like to think I'm right. :)

Now on to more important things that people would rather hear about... Spring cleaning.  I cleaned my entire apartment this weekend. Including throwing away old clothes, mopping the floors, and dusting every nook and cranny.  I'll post pictures of the new spick and span apartment.


Now, for those of you who have stepped into my apartment before, you probably can't see much of a difference.  I have a tendency to keep things pretty clean....I'm that person that can't fall asleep if I know there is a dish in the sink or if the couch was slightly pushed to a weird angle.  Tad claims my apartment was already clean and didn't need a days worth of cleaning, but I'll say this: I have officially turned into my mother.  I can finally understand her need to pick up the dog hair off the floor that nobody could ever see, or her want to dust the entire house because of the dust that was invisible to everyone.  It's there, you know it is, and you can't sleep till it's gone. It might be invisible to everyone else, but YOU know it's there.

Part of me thinks my apartment loves me now.

I'll leave on one little fact: Febreeze is not harmful to humans.  I know this from experience.  Holding the febreeze bottle 10 inches from your face trying to figure out how to unlock the squirter will ultimately lead to a mouthful, eyeful, and nostrilful of Febreeze.  But no worries kids, no significant damage was done.  A slight burning of the eyes for about 3 seconds was the only discomfort.  Well, that, and tasting and smelling lavender for the remainder of the day.

2 comments:

  1. We had a Bluefin in West Lafayette, but they had all you could eat sushi...you should find out if/when they have that.

    I want to see Alice! Nobody will see it with me though....can we go and get the obnoxiously large popcorn bin, eat it by ourselves and then ALSO get the 25 cent refill? k. thanks. Also, liking that movie is not a 6 yr old thing because I would never take my 6 yr old to see it. Johnny Depp is scary.

    Also, I am also Connie. It is getting out of hand. I wish I could have video taped myself making fun of her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations. an actual, real-life, out loud chortle when i read the febreeze bit.

    ReplyDelete