3.02.2010

heartache in the laboratory...

I think I need to break up with Interleukin- 1 alpha.  This protein and I are just spending too much time together.  Our eating times, sleeping times, and partying times are simply not compatible.  It also requires far too much attention.  I had to take care of it from 7:30 this morning till 5:30 tonight, with no breaks.  In my opinion, this just isn't a healthy relationship, and it needs to end.

I've decided on a break- up date: April 20th at 1:00 pm.  In order to really make this a clean healthy break-up, I will be ending it in front of a panel of our friends, namely, Dr. T.K.S. Kumar, Dr. Jean McLaughlin, and Dr. Paul Adams.  I have a slight suspicion that Interleukin- 1 alpha and Dr. Kumar have a secret fling, so hopefully on April 20th he will take their relationship in a new direction and Interleukin will soon forget about me.  It's been a good run, but in the end, it just wasn't meant to be.

I'll keep you all updated in the time being.  For now we're getting a long, but we'll probably be at each other's throats next week. Hopefully Interleukin will cooperate till April 20th... wish it was tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. you are a huge dork. SO have you officially accepted an acceptance yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and the protein ran off with the dioxyribonucleicacid

    ReplyDelete
  3. erin, yes I have... Mom personally walked the reservation/ matriculation fee for KCUMB into the admissions office. typical. :)

    sauce boss, thank you for commenting. bout damn time. :)

    ReplyDelete