7.09.2010

I have redeemed myself.

Okay, people, it's time.

Let's talk about rhubarb. That oh-so-odd vegetable/fruit that I has been the focus of all of my trips to the market.  I was seeking redemption.  And I found it.

Here's where rhubarb, strawberry, and I began our journey:


And here's where we ended:


With so much goodness in between:





This pie was worth the wait.  It was worth all of the searching, all of the agonizing trips to the market that ended with empty hands, all of the tormented reads of bloggers who seemed to be over-flowing with rhubarb. It was worth all of it. Do you all feel as relieved as I do? Probably not, but I'll pretend you do.

Oh, and I figured out that last time it wasn't the rhubarb that was the problem.  All rhubarb sort of has that metallic tartness (remember that description of it tasting like a handful of pennies?), but the KEY is to add a crap load of sugar and another sweet fruit to balance it.  Hence, the strawberries. Rhubarb and strawberry were meant for each other.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment