4.19.2010

sorry, please, and thank you.

Thesis defense tomorrow.  This is what I've looked like for the past week. Sorry if I haven't returned calls or been rather mean.  Tomorrow I'll be nice again.  promise.


Why am I freaking out so much? There's no way Kumar will let me not pass with honors... I don't think that's ever really happened to someone as an undergraduate who has invested so much time and money into a research project. That would be just cruel. However, if you do know someone who hasn't passed with honors after doing research, please don't correct me till tomorrow after 2:00. thaaaanks.

I guess it just boils down to me actually defending my two year long research project to a panel of sharks.  I have to convince them that I've done work, that I know what I'm talking about, that I can DEFEND what I've spent the past two years doing. That's what's giving me anxiety.  And I am apparently stupid because I thought it was a good idea to ask two of the meanest teachers on our campus to be on my committee.  Sure they like me outside of class... but on a thesis defense? Come on natalie, use your head next time. (Can you imagine what I would be like if I was defending a dissertation or something? yeesh)

Anywho... I'm worrying for no reason I'm sure.  Thank you all for the very nice comments on my blog.  They make my day... each and every one of them.  And thank you for the shallot information... I found them at walmart! Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to cook, but that should change soon! Now I just need my dang rhubarb....

(p.s. here is a picture of rhubarb for those of you who haven't seen it)

3 comments:

  1. not really what i assumed rhubarb looked like. i figured it be pinkish, but assumed it would look more like a fig. not sure what gave me that impression.

    at this exact moment, you have 45 min and it will all be over. i bet you are knocking them dead. let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be over at this point in time. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, celebrate!

    ReplyDelete