4.13.2010

Caution: proceed at your own risk.

Why does everything have to happen at once? I'm drowning in a pool of school/ thesis work and can't for the life of me catch a break.  I've had my fair share of a workload over these past 5 years, but today has not  been like any other.  Why today?  Why now? Yes, please, Dr. K, I would love for you to send me your corrections of my thesis the day it is due to my committee.  And yes, please make it on the day that I have three tests to study for.  Oh and on top of that? You'd like me to do a practice run through of my thesis presentation tomorrow with you after my tests? Sure thing, I'll get started on actually making the presentation right away. First, let me shove aside my tests I have to study for.  Second, let me go ahead and add your 2-week late corrections to my final draft so I can get it to my committee.

yeah, sure thing.  no prob.

Now this is actually a rare occasion, as I have a hard time blaming myself for all of this.  Usually when I encounter a large workload, it's 99% my fault.  However, I submitted my thesis 2 weeks ago for revisions.  waaaay ahead of the game.  I also started studying for these tests last week.  I couldn't do the presentation or the final draft of my thesis until the corrections came in. So here I am complaining. Throwing a pity party.  Because I need to.  The only way to ease my mind in these situations is to either organize something or talk/ complain about everything to whoever is willing to listen, whether that's a person, a wall, or a computer.  I've already re-organized all of my files on my computer and that didn't seem to do the trick.  So...I'm going to complain to a computer.

I'm sorry you had to read all of that.  Talk to me again next Tuesday at 2:00 pm and I should be back to loving rainbows and puppies.  Until then... proceed at your own risk.

4 comments:

  1. it's so close! you'll survive. promise. will you be able to play this weekend? i will be up late friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so for a little bit... biochem test monday and thesis defense tuesday might (will) consume most of my time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain......I remember being there so clearly! Somehow it all gets done and somehow you finish and even though you don't really know how or when it all came together it did & you will get to celebrate Tuesday night & it will feel so great! Getting that thing done was one of the biggest reliefs! You're so close!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are one of the most prepared people i know. you will do fantastic. i promise. i know. you know. it will all work out.
    =)

    ReplyDelete