4.22.2010

DONE.

ahhhhhhh.... breath of fresh air.... freedom.... aahhhhhh.... feeeeeeels gooooood.

Thesis defense went fantastically. My committee members were tough for a little bit, but overall were great.  I was telling Tad about my defense when it was over, and I realized something I said... When a committee member asked me a question about something I had written in my thesis, I'm pretty sure I answered: "Oh gosh, I can't remember... I'm having a brain fart." awesome.

Oh well, they still passed me and I'll be graduating with honors :). And my research project is officially over.  I'm glad my actual thesis is done, but a little sad about my research ending.  I thoroughly enjoyed my research... it was exciting, fun, and brought me amazing opportunities. It was the best thing to happen to me in college, and it will definitely be missed.

So after my defense, Tad and I decided to celebrate with sushi and golf. Golf you ask? Yeah, never stepped foot on a golf course.  While Tad golfed....


I enjoyed relaxing with a beer and good book.



It was the most fun I've had in a long time. The golf course was gorgeous and the weather was fantastic.  We have some friends that live on the golf course on the 7th hole, so we took a little break to have a beer with them.  So much fun.  Some pictures of the course...









So I'm definitely itching to bake something... haven't really had the time yet though.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to bake a couple things to bring to the family this weekend.  Any suggestions on what to bake? I'm thinking a cake... or something banana-y (sp?).  I have 3 bananas that are perfectly ripe... not really to eat (unless you like realllly ripe bananas) but definitely to bake with. I was given a wonderful early birthday/ graduation gift from janey: a cake cookbook.  Does it GET any better? I'm thinking a cake just might scratch the itch...

3 comments:

  1. love the brain fart answer. comic relief is always good (for me atleast). i'm glad it went well (though i never doubted that it would). i once had a great banana/coconut bundt cake recipe with a powder sugar glaze. wish i knew where it was so i could share it with you.

    strangely, i DO like REALLY ripe bananas. really, the only way i will eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Nennie!!! yay! it must feel so good to be done! I am so proud of you and cant wait to be with you at your graduation! 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I know that is one of the biggest reliefs!! Love the brain fart answer........thats great!

    ReplyDelete